Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 4:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign veteran pass rusher John Abraham
A 13-year NFL veteran, Abraham has spent the last seven seasons in Atlanta with the Falcons. The 35-year-old has tallied 122 career sacks, including 32.5 over the last three seasons. Ten of those came in 2012.
Originally a first-round pick of the New York Jets (13th overall) in 2000, Abraham has been to four Pro Bowls and is a two-time First-Team All-Pro.
The former South Carolina Gamecock has a penchant for creating turnovers as well. In his career, Abraham has forced 44 fumbles and recovered six.
"That'll be a good addition for us on the outside," Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington said Thursday. "We played them up in Atlanta last year and the guy got at the quarterback. It's amazing how he can do that."
Abraham had two sacks and a forced fumble in Atlanta's 23-19 win over the Cardinals at the Georgia Dome last November.
According to NFL.com, Abraham also drew interest from the New England Patriots, Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.