Updated Jul 25, 2013 - 4:04 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign veteran pass rusher John Abraham
A 13-year NFL veteran, Abraham has spent the last seven seasons in Atlanta with the Falcons. The 35-year-old has tallied 122 career sacks, including 32.5 over the last three seasons. Ten of those came in 2012.
Originally a first-round pick of the New York Jets (13th overall) in 2000, Abraham has been to four Pro Bowls and is a two-time First-Team All-Pro.
The former South Carolina Gamecock has a penchant for creating turnovers as well. In his career, Abraham has forced 44 fumbles and recovered six.
"That'll be a good addition for us on the outside," Cardinals inside linebacker Daryl Washington said Thursday. "We played them up in Atlanta last year and the guy got at the quarterback. It's amazing how he can do that."
Abraham had two sacks and a forced fumble in Atlanta's 23-19 win over the Cardinals at the Georgia Dome last November.
According to NFL.com, Abraham also drew interest from the New England Patriots, Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.