Cardinals release three players, including running back William Powell
Most notably, the team released running back William Powell. In 2012, Powell ran for 217 yards and also caught 19 passes for 132 yards.
The second-year back out of Kansas State also led all NFL rushers with 249 yards during the 2012 preseason.
In addition to Powell, the Cardinals released tight end Kyle Auffray (New Hampshire) and wide receiver Michael Rios (Marist).
According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, Arizona also signed former Notre Dame wideout Robby Toma.
Toma caught 60 passes for 667 yards and a touchdown during his four-year career in South Bend.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.