Cardinals release three players, including running back William Powell
Most notably, the team released running back William Powell. In 2012, Powell ran for 217 yards and also caught 19 passes for 132 yards.
The second-year back out of Kansas State also led all NFL rushers with 249 yards during the 2012 preseason.
In addition to Powell, the Cardinals released tight end Kyle Auffray (New Hampshire) and wide receiver Michael Rios (Marist).
According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, Arizona also signed former Notre Dame wideout Robby Toma.
Toma caught 60 passes for 667 yards and a touchdown during his four-year career in South Bend.
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 13
- Arizona Cardinals: Winning season meaningless without playoffs
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Dave Pasch, Cardinals radio announcer - Friday December 13Pasch gives his thoughts on this weekend's Cardinals game against the Titans.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.