Arizona Cardinals assistant Freddie Kitchens cleared for training camp
Kitchens has been out since experience chest pains during a June 4 practice; an exam showed a defect in his aorta that required surgery.
"Freddie is doing great," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Monday. "Doctors have cleared him to come to work. It's amazing. He hit a hurdle last week and cleared it. He really looks good, sounds good and he's on a treadmill two or three times a day."
The 38-year-old Kitchens started with the Cardinals in 2007 as the tight ends coach on Ken Whisenhunt's staff, and was moved to quarterbacks coach by Bruce Arians.
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!