Arizona Cardinals assistant Freddie Kitchens cleared for training camp
Kitchens has been out since experience chest pains during a June 4 practice; an exam showed a defect in his aorta that required surgery.
"Freddie is doing great," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Monday. "Doctors have cleared him to come to work. It's amazing. He hit a hurdle last week and cleared it. He really looks good, sounds good and he's on a treadmill two or three times a day."
The 38-year-old Kitchens started with the Cardinals in 2007 as the tight ends coach on Ken Whisenhunt's staff, and was moved to quarterbacks coach by Bruce Arians.
- Tommy Kelly happy to be wanted, with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves