NFL.com: Top Cardinals position battle is at WR
Actually, this year the team will be training at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale and Carson Palmer is (and will be) the team's starting signal caller.
As such, fans will be watching different battles, the most intriguing of which, according to NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal, is at the wide receiver position between Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts.
Floyd, last year's first-round draft pick, takes on Roberts, who quietly put up more fantasy points than Larry Fitzgerald a season ago. The Cardinals have more weapons than you think.
Roberts was second on the Cardinals with 64 receptions for 759 yards last season, and he hauled in a team-best five touchdown catches. Floyd finished his rookie campaign with just 45 catches for 562 yards and two touchdowns, but tallied 17 receptions for 250 yards and one touchdown over his final three games.
Regardless of who "wins" the battle, both figure to see a significant amount of playing time as well as passes.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 19
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald back at practice, must pass one more test to play
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson 'fired up' about opportunity to play in must-win game
- Arizona Cardinals running back Andre Ellington: Coach Arians 'using me at perfect times'
- ProFootballFocus: Cardinals' Andre Ellington excels after contact, Rashard Mendenhall not so much
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 19The Cardinals found a way to beat the Titans on Sunday.
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday December 19The challenge of playing in Seattle and how he is happy Coach Arians has his back.
- Warren Moon, Seahawks Color Analyst - Thursday December 19Warren Moon, Seahawks Color Analyst
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers