NFL.com: Top Cardinals position battle is at WR
Actually, this year the team will be training at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale and Carson Palmer is (and will be) the team's starting signal caller.
As such, fans will be watching different battles, the most intriguing of which, according to NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal, is at the wide receiver position between Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts.
Floyd, last year's first-round draft pick, takes on Roberts, who quietly put up more fantasy points than Larry Fitzgerald a season ago. The Cardinals have more weapons than you think.
Roberts was second on the Cardinals with 64 receptions for 759 yards last season, and he hauled in a team-best five touchdown catches. Floyd finished his rookie campaign with just 45 catches for 562 yards and two touchdowns, but tallied 17 receptions for 250 yards and one touchdown over his final three games.
Regardless of who "wins" the battle, both figure to see a significant amount of playing time as well as passes.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.