NFL.com: Top Cardinals position battle is at WR
Actually, this year the team will be training at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale and Carson Palmer is (and will be) the team's starting signal caller.
As such, fans will be watching different battles, the most intriguing of which, according to NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal, is at the wide receiver position between Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts.
Floyd, last year's first-round draft pick, takes on Roberts, who quietly put up more fantasy points than Larry Fitzgerald a season ago. The Cardinals have more weapons than you think.
Roberts was second on the Cardinals with 64 receptions for 759 yards last season, and he hauled in a team-best five touchdown catches. Floyd finished his rookie campaign with just 45 catches for 562 yards and two touchdowns, but tallied 17 receptions for 250 yards and one touchdown over his final three games.
Regardless of who "wins" the battle, both figure to see a significant amount of playing time as well as passes.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.