NFL.com: Top Cardinals position battle is at WR
Actually, this year the team will be training at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale and Carson Palmer is (and will be) the team's starting signal caller.
As such, fans will be watching different battles, the most intriguing of which, according to NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal, is at the wide receiver position between Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts.
Floyd, last year's first-round draft pick, takes on Roberts, who quietly put up more fantasy points than Larry Fitzgerald a season ago. The Cardinals have more weapons than you think.
Roberts was second on the Cardinals with 64 receptions for 759 yards last season, and he hauled in a team-best five touchdown catches. Floyd finished his rookie campaign with just 45 catches for 562 yards and two touchdowns, but tallied 17 receptions for 250 yards and one touchdown over his final three games.
Regardless of who "wins" the battle, both figure to see a significant amount of playing time as well as passes.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.