NFL.com: Arizona Cardinals have 8th-best receiving corps
The Arizona Cardinals receiving corps is certainly headlined by the six-time Pro Bowler, but there are more capable targets than just him.
In fact, the group consisting mainly of Fitz, Michael Floyd, Andre Roberts and Rob Housler was ranked as the 8th-best by NFL.com's Chris Wesseling.
The Cardinals' quarterback issues have exponentially diminished Fitzgerald's production, but he rightfully remains one of the NFL's most respected wide receivers. Floyd is a breakout candidate as a vertical threat, while Roberts offers run-after-catch ability as the third option.
The four players mentioned combined for 225 receptions, 2,536 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, but it is generally believed they'll do better with a decent quarterback who can get them the ball.
If they do improve with Carson Palmer under center, perhaps they'll move up in the rankings and be thought of in the same light as the Fitz, Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston group. In 2008, those three combined for 262 receptions, 3,475 yards and 26 touchdowns.
The Cardinals can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!