NFL.com: Arizona Cardinals have 8th-best receiving corps
The Arizona Cardinals receiving corps is certainly headlined by the six-time Pro Bowler, but there are more capable targets than just him.
In fact, the group consisting mainly of Fitz, Michael Floyd, Andre Roberts and Rob Housler was ranked as the 8th-best by NFL.com's Chris Wesseling.
The Cardinals' quarterback issues have exponentially diminished Fitzgerald's production, but he rightfully remains one of the NFL's most respected wide receivers. Floyd is a breakout candidate as a vertical threat, while Roberts offers run-after-catch ability as the third option.
The four players mentioned combined for 225 receptions, 2,536 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, but it is generally believed they'll do better with a decent quarterback who can get them the ball.
If they do improve with Carson Palmer under center, perhaps they'll move up in the rankings and be thought of in the same light as the Fitz, Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston group. In 2008, those three combined for 262 receptions, 3,475 yards and 26 touchdowns.
The Cardinals can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.