NFL.com writer: Cardinals have reasons for optimism
How much better remains to be seen, but in a story where NFL.com's writers were asked which teams have reason for optimism, Adam Rank chose the Cardinals.
There is a lot of buzz around the NFC West, with the Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers and even the St. Louis FC generating some preseason hype. And it's all well deserved. However, the Arizona Cardinals have many reasons to be optimistic this year.
Last season, the Cardinals started 4-0 (including a win at New England) before the bottom fell out. Now, with new quarterback Carson Palmer and new coach Bruce Arians to go along with a standout defense, the Cardinals should be able to challenge for the NFC West title.
Rank's comments seem to echo much of what has been said about the Cards, that they certainly improved but have the unfortunate challenge of residing in what might be the NFL's toughest division.
Other teams listed are the Kansas City Chiefs, New York Giants and Miami Dolphins.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.