Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 2:40 pm
Arizona Cardinals contribute to Yarnell Fire assistance effort
The team sent a contingent of people to an American Red Cross Shelter in Prescott Tuesday to meet with displaced homeowners and other service personnel. The group included player David Carter, mascot Big Red, Nicole Bidwill and her rescue dog Barney.
"In a situation like this you want to show them as much love and support as you possibly can," Carter said.
Along with the visiting contingent, team president Michael Bidwill delivered a check for $100,000 to the 100 Club of Arizona Tuesday, which will go toward providing immediate financial assistance to families of public safety officers and firefighters who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty.
"Our hearts go out to all of those affected by the devastating and tragic events this week, especially the families of the 19 brave members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives serving our community," said Michael Bidwill. "Our team is proud to assist the ongoing efforts and encourage our fans, the community and Arizona businesses to support these relief initiatives."
The team is also planning additional fundraising and assistance initiatives that will coincide with the start if Cardinals training camp.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.