Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 2:40 pm
Arizona Cardinals contribute to Yarnell Fire assistance effort
The team sent a contingent of people to an American Red Cross Shelter in Prescott Tuesday to meet with displaced homeowners and other service personnel. The group included player David Carter, mascot Big Red, Nicole Bidwill and her rescue dog Barney.
"In a situation like this you want to show them as much love and support as you possibly can," Carter said.
Along with the visiting contingent, team president Michael Bidwill delivered a check for $100,000 to the 100 Club of Arizona Tuesday, which will go toward providing immediate financial assistance to families of public safety officers and firefighters who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty.
"Our hearts go out to all of those affected by the devastating and tragic events this week, especially the families of the 19 brave members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives serving our community," said Michael Bidwill. "Our team is proud to assist the ongoing efforts and encourage our fans, the community and Arizona businesses to support these relief initiatives."
The team is also planning additional fundraising and assistance initiatives that will coincide with the start if Cardinals training camp.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.