Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 2:40 pm
Arizona Cardinals contribute to Yarnell Fire assistance effort
The team sent a contingent of people to an American Red Cross Shelter in Prescott Tuesday to meet with displaced homeowners and other service personnel. The group included player David Carter, mascot Big Red, Nicole Bidwill and her rescue dog Barney.
"In a situation like this you want to show them as much love and support as you possibly can," Carter said.
Along with the visiting contingent, team president Michael Bidwill delivered a check for $100,000 to the 100 Club of Arizona Tuesday, which will go toward providing immediate financial assistance to families of public safety officers and firefighters who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty.
"Our hearts go out to all of those affected by the devastating and tragic events this week, especially the families of the 19 brave members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives serving our community," said Michael Bidwill. "Our team is proud to assist the ongoing efforts and encourage our fans, the community and Arizona businesses to support these relief initiatives."
The team is also planning additional fundraising and assistance initiatives that will coincide with the start if Cardinals training camp.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.