Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 10:02 am
University of Phoenix Stadium makes top-10 list
Built for roughly $455 million, the stadium that holds 63,400 fans on game day has garnered its fair share of awards over the last six years.
So, perhaps it should come as no surprise that it made NFL.com writer Adam Rank's "Must See Stadiums" list, as it came in at No. 7.
Dome stadiums don't quite do it for me (hey, I didn't mind Sun Devil Stadium), but this dome is awesome. It has a retractable roof and real grass that is grown outside and then slid in for games. University of Phoenix Stadium will play host to the Super Bowl in 2015. And the NFL doesn't play Super Bowls in bad stadiums. (Just don't go watch footage from Super Bowl XIX.)
U of P has hosted plenty of big-time games, in both the NFL (Super Bowl XLI) and college game (BCS National Championship Games in 2007 and 2010). The Cardinals have also held playoff games there, and all have seemingly gone off without a hitch.
And, starting in 2013, it will also be the home of Cardinals training camp. So, fans will get to spend even more time in one of the NFL's best stadiums.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Wednesday December 11Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Wednesday December 11The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines