Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 10:02 am
University of Phoenix Stadium makes top-10 list
Built for roughly $455 million, the stadium that holds 63,400 fans on game day has garnered its fair share of awards over the last six years.
So, perhaps it should come as no surprise that it made NFL.com writer Adam Rank's "Must See Stadiums" list, as it came in at No. 7.
Dome stadiums don't quite do it for me (hey, I didn't mind Sun Devil Stadium), but this dome is awesome. It has a retractable roof and real grass that is grown outside and then slid in for games. University of Phoenix Stadium will play host to the Super Bowl in 2015. And the NFL doesn't play Super Bowls in bad stadiums. (Just don't go watch footage from Super Bowl XIX.)
U of P has hosted plenty of big-time games, in both the NFL (Super Bowl XLI) and college game (BCS National Championship Games in 2007 and 2010). The Cardinals have also held playoff games there, and all have seemingly gone off without a hitch.
And, starting in 2013, it will also be the home of Cardinals training camp. So, fans will get to spend even more time in one of the NFL's best stadiums.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.