Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 10:02 am
University of Phoenix Stadium makes top-10 list
Built for roughly $455 million, the stadium that holds 63,400 fans on game day has garnered its fair share of awards over the last six years.
So, perhaps it should come as no surprise that it made NFL.com writer Adam Rank's "Must See Stadiums" list, as it came in at No. 7.
Dome stadiums don't quite do it for me (hey, I didn't mind Sun Devil Stadium), but this dome is awesome. It has a retractable roof and real grass that is grown outside and then slid in for games. University of Phoenix Stadium will play host to the Super Bowl in 2015. And the NFL doesn't play Super Bowls in bad stadiums. (Just don't go watch footage from Super Bowl XIX.)
U of P has hosted plenty of big-time games, in both the NFL (Super Bowl XLI) and college game (BCS National Championship Games in 2007 and 2010). The Cardinals have also held playoff games there, and all have seemingly gone off without a hitch.
And, starting in 2013, it will also be the home of Cardinals training camp. So, fans will get to spend even more time in one of the NFL's best stadiums.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.