Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 2:50 pm
Sporting News: Michael Floyd a breakout candidate for 2013
Forty-five receptions, 562 yards, two touchdowns.
However, while the former Notre Dame star did not exactly stand out, Floyd did record 17 receptions for 250 yards and one touchdown over the final three games of the year, including an eight-reception, 166-yard and one touchdown performance in the season finale against the San Francisco 49ers.
He gave us all a glimpse of what could be in store, and according to Sporting News' Vinnie Iyer, the former No. 13 pick is number three on a list of players primed for a breakout 2013.
Arizona drafted the former Notre Dame star thinking he would be a terrific complement to its established superstar, Larry Fitzgerald. That didn't come to fruition as Floyd saw little time on the field as a rookie. But like it does for many young receivers, the light has started to come on during Floyd's second offseason. It helps the Cardinals now have a legitimate quarterback, Carson Palmer, who can get the ball to him as the No. 2 or No. 3 option.
The team's struggles at quarterback last season likely kept everyone's numbers down, as even Larry Fitzgerald struggled with the quartet of John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer leading the offense.
And if Palmer, who was brought in during the offseason, can plug that hole, the rest of the offense -- Floyd included -- stands to benefit greatly.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.