Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 2:50 pm
Sporting News: Michael Floyd a breakout candidate for 2013
Forty-five receptions, 562 yards, two touchdowns.
However, while the former Notre Dame star did not exactly stand out, Floyd did record 17 receptions for 250 yards and one touchdown over the final three games of the year, including an eight-reception, 166-yard and one touchdown performance in the season finale against the San Francisco 49ers.
He gave us all a glimpse of what could be in store, and according to Sporting News' Vinnie Iyer, the former No. 13 pick is number three on a list of players primed for a breakout 2013.
Arizona drafted the former Notre Dame star thinking he would be a terrific complement to its established superstar, Larry Fitzgerald. That didn't come to fruition as Floyd saw little time on the field as a rookie. But like it does for many young receivers, the light has started to come on during Floyd's second offseason. It helps the Cardinals now have a legitimate quarterback, Carson Palmer, who can get the ball to him as the No. 2 or No. 3 option.
The team's struggles at quarterback last season likely kept everyone's numbers down, as even Larry Fitzgerald struggled with the quartet of John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer leading the offense.
And if Palmer, who was brought in during the offseason, can plug that hole, the rest of the offense -- Floyd included -- stands to benefit greatly.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.