Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 2:50 pm
Sporting News: Michael Floyd a breakout candidate for 2013
Forty-five receptions, 562 yards, two touchdowns.
However, while the former Notre Dame star did not exactly stand out, Floyd did record 17 receptions for 250 yards and one touchdown over the final three games of the year, including an eight-reception, 166-yard and one touchdown performance in the season finale against the San Francisco 49ers.
He gave us all a glimpse of what could be in store, and according to Sporting News' Vinnie Iyer, the former No. 13 pick is number three on a list of players primed for a breakout 2013.
Arizona drafted the former Notre Dame star thinking he would be a terrific complement to its established superstar, Larry Fitzgerald. That didn't come to fruition as Floyd saw little time on the field as a rookie. But like it does for many young receivers, the light has started to come on during Floyd's second offseason. It helps the Cardinals now have a legitimate quarterback, Carson Palmer, who can get the ball to him as the No. 2 or No. 3 option.
The team's struggles at quarterback last season likely kept everyone's numbers down, as even Larry Fitzgerald struggled with the quartet of John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer leading the offense.
And if Palmer, who was brought in during the offseason, can plug that hole, the rest of the offense -- Floyd included -- stands to benefit greatly.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.