Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 11:02 am
Darnell Dockett acknowledges what we all knew: Cardinals QBs stunk
They were sacked 58 times.
So, really, it goes without saying that the quartet of Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer left something to be desired. Mainly, you know, skill.
Their struggles kept the Cardinals' offense down, and nowhere was that more evident than in Larry Fitzgerald's numbers. Sure, he still reached the Pro Bowl, but Fitz accounted for just 798 yards on 71 receptions with only four touchdowns.
The reception total is the third-lowest of his career, the yardage figure the second-lowest and touchdown number the lowest. And at 29, some may be wondering if Fitz's days as one of the league's best wideouts are coming to a close.
Teammate Darnell Dockett is not one of them.
Looks like Dockett, much like the rest of us, attribute's the team's shortcomings in 2012 to the fact that its QBs were not any good.
But now, with former Pro Bowler Carson Palmer under center, that should no longer be the case.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!