Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 11:02 am
Darnell Dockett acknowledges what we all knew: Cardinals QBs stunk
They were sacked 58 times.
So, really, it goes without saying that the quartet of Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer left something to be desired. Mainly, you know, skill.
Their struggles kept the Cardinals' offense down, and nowhere was that more evident than in Larry Fitzgerald's numbers. Sure, he still reached the Pro Bowl, but Fitz accounted for just 798 yards on 71 receptions with only four touchdowns.
The reception total is the third-lowest of his career, the yardage figure the second-lowest and touchdown number the lowest. And at 29, some may be wondering if Fitz's days as one of the league's best wideouts are coming to a close.
Teammate Darnell Dockett is not one of them.
Looks like Dockett, much like the rest of us, attribute's the team's shortcomings in 2012 to the fact that its QBs were not any good.
But now, with former Pro Bowler Carson Palmer under center, that should no longer be the case.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.