Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 11:02 am
Darnell Dockett acknowledges what we all knew: Cardinals QBs stunk
They were sacked 58 times.
So, really, it goes without saying that the quartet of Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer left something to be desired. Mainly, you know, skill.
Their struggles kept the Cardinals' offense down, and nowhere was that more evident than in Larry Fitzgerald's numbers. Sure, he still reached the Pro Bowl, but Fitz accounted for just 798 yards on 71 receptions with only four touchdowns.
The reception total is the third-lowest of his career, the yardage figure the second-lowest and touchdown number the lowest. And at 29, some may be wondering if Fitz's days as one of the league's best wideouts are coming to a close.
Teammate Darnell Dockett is not one of them.
Looks like Dockett, much like the rest of us, attribute's the team's shortcomings in 2012 to the fact that its QBs were not any good.
But now, with former Pro Bowler Carson Palmer under center, that should no longer be the case.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up