Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 11:02 am
Darnell Dockett acknowledges what we all knew: Cardinals QBs stunk
They were sacked 58 times.
So, really, it goes without saying that the quartet of Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer left something to be desired. Mainly, you know, skill.
Their struggles kept the Cardinals' offense down, and nowhere was that more evident than in Larry Fitzgerald's numbers. Sure, he still reached the Pro Bowl, but Fitz accounted for just 798 yards on 71 receptions with only four touchdowns.
The reception total is the third-lowest of his career, the yardage figure the second-lowest and touchdown number the lowest. And at 29, some may be wondering if Fitz's days as one of the league's best wideouts are coming to a close.
Teammate Darnell Dockett is not one of them.
Looks like Dockett, much like the rest of us, attribute's the team's shortcomings in 2012 to the fact that its QBs were not any good.
But now, with former Pro Bowler Carson Palmer under center, that should no longer be the case.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!