Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 10:08 am
Larry Fitzgerald ranked 22nd-best player in the NFL
For his career, the reception total is third worst, yard total second worst, and touchdown total THE worst.
But Fitz's NFL peers aren't too down on him, as they rated him as the 22nd-best player in the league, according to the NFL Network. He was ranked seventh last year.
Though a significant drop, most view it as a sign of respect for the player, with the idea being that quarterback play -- not his talent -- was the impetus for the down season.
"He's got sticky fingers; he catches everything," Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman said. "I had the opportunity to play him this year, and he didn't really drop anything.
"That's what makes him so effective."
For the record, Fitzgerald notched eight receptions for 111 yards in a loss to Tillman's Bears.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.