Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 10:08 am
Larry Fitzgerald ranked 22nd-best player in the NFL
For his career, the reception total is third worst, yard total second worst, and touchdown total THE worst.
But Fitz's NFL peers aren't too down on him, as they rated him as the 22nd-best player in the league, according to the NFL Network. He was ranked seventh last year.
Though a significant drop, most view it as a sign of respect for the player, with the idea being that quarterback play -- not his talent -- was the impetus for the down season.
"He's got sticky fingers; he catches everything," Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman said. "I had the opportunity to play him this year, and he didn't really drop anything.
"That's what makes him so effective."
For the record, Fitzgerald notched eight receptions for 111 yards in a loss to Tillman's Bears.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.