Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals QB coach Freddie Kitchens released from hospital
According to the team, Kitchens, who had a defect in his aorta, has been cleared by doctors to continue his recovery at home though he will be restricted on some levels. He is expected to be ready to return to the team, at least on a limited basis, at some point during training camp.
"There are so many people that I'll be indebted to for the rest of my life and ‘thank you' just doesn't seem near enough," Kitchens said in a statement, before thanking the Cardinals' medical staff. "They recognized immediately that something was wrong, even when I wouldn't admit it. They knew enough to send me right away to Chandler Regional (Medical Center) where the ER staff and attending physician jumped right in and knew how critical the situation was."
Kitchens, 38, is thankful to be alive.
"Looking back, I have no doubt -- none whatsoever -- that I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the those people," he said.
Kitchens went on to say he has been "overwhelmed by the prayers and kindness" he's received.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.