Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals QB coach Freddie Kitchens released from hospital
According to the team, Kitchens, who had a defect in his aorta, has been cleared by doctors to continue his recovery at home though he will be restricted on some levels. He is expected to be ready to return to the team, at least on a limited basis, at some point during training camp.
"There are so many people that I'll be indebted to for the rest of my life and ‘thank you' just doesn't seem near enough," Kitchens said in a statement, before thanking the Cardinals' medical staff. "They recognized immediately that something was wrong, even when I wouldn't admit it. They knew enough to send me right away to Chandler Regional (Medical Center) where the ER staff and attending physician jumped right in and knew how critical the situation was."
Kitchens, 38, is thankful to be alive.
"Looking back, I have no doubt -- none whatsoever -- that I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the those people," he said.
Kitchens went on to say he has been "overwhelmed by the prayers and kindness" he's received.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.