Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 12:56 pm
Tyrann Mathieu reminds Carson Palmer of Troy Polamalu
As such, he likely knows quite a bit about Troy Polamalu, a seven-time Pro Bowl safety who has been terrorizing offenses since 2003.
So, when Palmer compares someone to the future Hall of Famer, it's worth taking notice. And, when that person is rookie Tyrann Mathieu, well, waves are made.
According to SportsIllustrated.com's Peter King, who was in town last week to check out the team, Palmer is impressed with what he's seen from Mathieu.
"He reminds of Troy Polamalu with his closing speed,'' said Palmer. "He might not be the fastest guy out there, but he can change directions and get to the ball really fast, like Troy.''
Sounds good, right?
That Mathieu has impressed as he transitions from cornerback to safety is a good sign. Having essentially not played in a year due to being dismissed from the LSU team with drug issues, he is trying to rebuild his image and get his career back on track.
And, if the early accounts are any indication, Mathieu is well on his way.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines