Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 12:56 pm
Tyrann Mathieu reminds Carson Palmer of Troy Polamalu
As such, he likely knows quite a bit about Troy Polamalu, a seven-time Pro Bowl safety who has been terrorizing offenses since 2003.
So, when Palmer compares someone to the future Hall of Famer, it's worth taking notice. And, when that person is rookie Tyrann Mathieu, well, waves are made.
According to SportsIllustrated.com's Peter King, who was in town last week to check out the team, Palmer is impressed with what he's seen from Mathieu.
"He reminds of Troy Polamalu with his closing speed,'' said Palmer. "He might not be the fastest guy out there, but he can change directions and get to the ball really fast, like Troy.''
Sounds good, right?
That Mathieu has impressed as he transitions from cornerback to safety is a good sign. Having essentially not played in a year due to being dismissed from the LSU team with drug issues, he is trying to rebuild his image and get his career back on track.
And, if the early accounts are any indication, Mathieu is well on his way.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.