Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 12:56 pm
Tyrann Mathieu reminds Carson Palmer of Troy Polamalu
As such, he likely knows quite a bit about Troy Polamalu, a seven-time Pro Bowl safety who has been terrorizing offenses since 2003.
So, when Palmer compares someone to the future Hall of Famer, it's worth taking notice. And, when that person is rookie Tyrann Mathieu, well, waves are made.
According to SportsIllustrated.com's Peter King, who was in town last week to check out the team, Palmer is impressed with what he's seen from Mathieu.
"He reminds of Troy Polamalu with his closing speed,'' said Palmer. "He might not be the fastest guy out there, but he can change directions and get to the ball really fast, like Troy.''
Sounds good, right?
That Mathieu has impressed as he transitions from cornerback to safety is a good sign. Having essentially not played in a year due to being dismissed from the LSU team with drug issues, he is trying to rebuild his image and get his career back on track.
And, if the early accounts are any indication, Mathieu is well on his way.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?