Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 5:59 pm
Cardinals coach Arians pleased with team's progress
And, if all goes well, it's a chance to see some improvement, too.
That's what Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians would like to see, anyway, and compared to the last time he spoke to the media, he's very pleased with what he saw.
Then, the coach said, "I don't like mistakes, and I really don't like mental mistakes, especially if you made the same one last week. That should be corrected and in the books by now. Our receivers are not getting that done."
As for Monday? Well, the coach likes what he's seen.
"I was really pleased," he said. "After a week off, I expected it to be a lot sloppier."
The Cardinals have a little more than a week left of OTAs, and then they'll be off until training camp in August.
Which means, of course, there is still time to work.
"Got a couple more things in," Arians said of what was accomplished Monday. "Just continue to put players in different positions and see what they can do and what they can't do, especially the wide receivers."
Oh yeah, those wide receivers. After drawing their coach's ire a couple weeks ago, how did they fare Monday? Much better.
"Ever since that day," Arians said with a smile. "Funny how that works."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.