Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 5:59 pm
Cardinals coach Arians pleased with team's progress
And, if all goes well, it's a chance to see some improvement, too.
That's what Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians would like to see, anyway, and compared to the last time he spoke to the media, he's very pleased with what he saw.
Then, the coach said, "I don't like mistakes, and I really don't like mental mistakes, especially if you made the same one last week. That should be corrected and in the books by now. Our receivers are not getting that done."
As for Monday? Well, the coach likes what he's seen.
"I was really pleased," he said. "After a week off, I expected it to be a lot sloppier."
The Cardinals have a little more than a week left of OTAs, and then they'll be off until training camp in August.
Which means, of course, there is still time to work.
"Got a couple more things in," Arians said of what was accomplished Monday. "Just continue to put players in different positions and see what they can do and what they can't do, especially the wide receivers."
Oh yeah, those wide receivers. After drawing their coach's ire a couple weeks ago, how did they fare Monday? Much better.
"Ever since that day," Arians said with a smile. "Funny how that works."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.