Updated May 17, 2013 - 3:35 pm
Matt Leinart ranked as one of top NFL Draft busts
Now, there may be some debate as to why he was a bust, but not that he was one.
At any rate, SI.com placed Leinart among the "Biggest NFL Draft Busts of the Modern Era." Fortunately, he's the only Cardinal on the list.
His Heisman trophy and national championship ring might as well have been glorified paperweights when Leinart stepped up to the next level. He threw more interceptions than TD passes his first season with the Cardinals then proceeded to languish on the bench before being cut in 2010.
Leinart had a promising rookie season after being selected with the No. 10 pick, but never won the favor of head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who took over prior to the former USC star's second season.
In all, Leinart appeared in 29 games with the Cardinals -- including 17 starts. He completed 57.1 percent of his passes for 3,893 yards and 14 touchdowns while being picked off 20 times.
The Cardinals went 7-10 in games he started.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.