Updated May 17, 2013 - 1:49 pm
Daryl Washington comes in second on a bad list
That's what happens when plenty goes wrong for a team.
However, one thing that went right was the season linebacker Daryl Washington had. A third-year pro, Washington elevated his game to a Pro-Bowl level by tallying 134 total tackles to go along with nine sacks, two forced fumbles and one interception.
He stepped up his play after signing a long-term deal with the team, and his future appeared to be nothing but bright.
And then the offseason happened.
First, on April 3, word came out that Washington would be suspended for the first four games of the regular season due to violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Then, as if the drug violation was not bad enough, one month later Washington was arrested and booked on allegations of a domestic violence incident.
Needless to say, Washington's offseason has not gone too well, and SI.com's Chris Burke ranked the Cardinals' as the second-worst in the NFL.
2. Daryl Washington: Double whammy. Washington drew a four-game suspension back in April for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, then he was arrested in May for domestic assault, with his ex-girlfriend accusing him of grabbing her by the throat and pushing her, causing her to break her collarbone. That situation could lead to an additional suspension, once the legal proceedings play out. At the very least, Washington will miss the first quarter of the 2013 season and likely has a short leash in Arizona now.
The only person who Burke says has had a worse offseason than Washington is Titus Young, who was arrested four separate times in a 10-day span.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!