Updated May 17, 2013 - 1:49 pm
Daryl Washington comes in second on a bad list
That's what happens when plenty goes wrong for a team.
However, one thing that went right was the season linebacker Daryl Washington had. A third-year pro, Washington elevated his game to a Pro-Bowl level by tallying 134 total tackles to go along with nine sacks, two forced fumbles and one interception.
He stepped up his play after signing a long-term deal with the team, and his future appeared to be nothing but bright.
And then the offseason happened.
First, on April 3, word came out that Washington would be suspended for the first four games of the regular season due to violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Then, as if the drug violation was not bad enough, one month later Washington was arrested and booked on allegations of a domestic violence incident.
Needless to say, Washington's offseason has not gone too well, and SI.com's Chris Burke ranked the Cardinals' as the second-worst in the NFL.
2. Daryl Washington: Double whammy. Washington drew a four-game suspension back in April for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, then he was arrested in May for domestic assault, with his ex-girlfriend accusing him of grabbing her by the throat and pushing her, causing her to break her collarbone. That situation could lead to an additional suspension, once the legal proceedings play out. At the very least, Washington will miss the first quarter of the 2013 season and likely has a short leash in Arizona now.
The only person who Burke says has had a worse offseason than Washington is Titus Young, who was arrested four separate times in a 10-day span.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?