Updated May 17, 2013 - 1:49 pm
Daryl Washington comes in second on a bad list
That's what happens when plenty goes wrong for a team.
However, one thing that went right was the season linebacker Daryl Washington had. A third-year pro, Washington elevated his game to a Pro-Bowl level by tallying 134 total tackles to go along with nine sacks, two forced fumbles and one interception.
He stepped up his play after signing a long-term deal with the team, and his future appeared to be nothing but bright.
And then the offseason happened.
First, on April 3, word came out that Washington would be suspended for the first four games of the regular season due to violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Then, as if the drug violation was not bad enough, one month later Washington was arrested and booked on allegations of a domestic violence incident.
Needless to say, Washington's offseason has not gone too well, and SI.com's Chris Burke ranked the Cardinals' as the second-worst in the NFL.
2. Daryl Washington: Double whammy. Washington drew a four-game suspension back in April for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, then he was arrested in May for domestic assault, with his ex-girlfriend accusing him of grabbing her by the throat and pushing her, causing her to break her collarbone. That situation could lead to an additional suspension, once the legal proceedings play out. At the very least, Washington will miss the first quarter of the 2013 season and likely has a short leash in Arizona now.
The only person who Burke says has had a worse offseason than Washington is Titus Young, who was arrested four separate times in a 10-day span.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?