Updated May 17, 2013 - 9:12 am
Report: Free agent tackle Max Starks considering Arizona Cardinals
Levi Brown and Bobby Massie will be the tackles, Daryn Colledge and Jonathan Cooper will line up at guard, and Lyle Sendlein will be the center.
Add in the depth provided by tackles Nate Potter and guards Chilo Rachal and Earl Watford, and it didn't seem like much more needed to be added to the group.
However, according to ESPN NFL writer Josina Anderson, free agent tackle Max Starks visited and took a physical with the Cardinals Tuesday, and Arizona Republic Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers says the player's agent says his client is considering "several" teams, including Arizona.
A veteran of nine NFL seasons -- all with the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the 6-foot-8, 345-pound Starks has long been regarded as a solid player.
How he would fit in Arizona is unclear, though he'd presumably start at left tackle, meaning the rest of the line would shift around some.
However, given that the Cardinals allowed the most sacks in the NFL last season and had the league's worst rushing attack, adding any talent -- no matter how it affects the rest of the line -- would have to be considered a good thing.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.