Updated May 17, 2013 - 9:12 am
Report: Free agent tackle Max Starks considering Arizona Cardinals
Levi Brown and Bobby Massie will be the tackles, Daryn Colledge and Jonathan Cooper will line up at guard, and Lyle Sendlein will be the center.
Add in the depth provided by tackles Nate Potter and guards Chilo Rachal and Earl Watford, and it didn't seem like much more needed to be added to the group.
However, according to ESPN NFL writer Josina Anderson, free agent tackle Max Starks visited and took a physical with the Cardinals Tuesday, and Arizona Republic Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers says the player's agent says his client is considering "several" teams, including Arizona.
A veteran of nine NFL seasons -- all with the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the 6-foot-8, 345-pound Starks has long been regarded as a solid player.
How he would fit in Arizona is unclear, though he'd presumably start at left tackle, meaning the rest of the line would shift around some.
However, given that the Cardinals allowed the most sacks in the NFL last season and had the league's worst rushing attack, adding any talent -- no matter how it affects the rest of the line -- would have to be considered a good thing.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.