Updated May 17, 2013 - 9:12 am
Report: Free agent tackle Max Starks considering Arizona Cardinals
Levi Brown and Bobby Massie will be the tackles, Daryn Colledge and Jonathan Cooper will line up at guard, and Lyle Sendlein will be the center.
Add in the depth provided by tackles Nate Potter and guards Chilo Rachal and Earl Watford, and it didn't seem like much more needed to be added to the group.
However, according to ESPN NFL writer Josina Anderson, free agent tackle Max Starks visited and took a physical with the Cardinals Tuesday, and Arizona Republic Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers says the player's agent says his client is considering "several" teams, including Arizona.
A veteran of nine NFL seasons -- all with the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the 6-foot-8, 345-pound Starks has long been regarded as a solid player.
How he would fit in Arizona is unclear, though he'd presumably start at left tackle, meaning the rest of the line would shift around some.
However, given that the Cardinals allowed the most sacks in the NFL last season and had the league's worst rushing attack, adding any talent -- no matter how it affects the rest of the line -- would have to be considered a good thing.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.