Updated May 17, 2013 - 9:12 am
Report: Free agent tackle Max Starks considering Arizona Cardinals
Levi Brown and Bobby Massie will be the tackles, Daryn Colledge and Jonathan Cooper will line up at guard, and Lyle Sendlein will be the center.
Add in the depth provided by tackles Nate Potter and guards Chilo Rachal and Earl Watford, and it didn't seem like much more needed to be added to the group.
However, according to ESPN NFL writer Josina Anderson, free agent tackle Max Starks visited and took a physical with the Cardinals Tuesday, and Arizona Republic Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers says the player's agent says his client is considering "several" teams, including Arizona.
A veteran of nine NFL seasons -- all with the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the 6-foot-8, 345-pound Starks has long been regarded as a solid player.
How he would fit in Arizona is unclear, though he'd presumably start at left tackle, meaning the rest of the line would shift around some.
However, given that the Cardinals allowed the most sacks in the NFL last season and had the league's worst rushing attack, adding any talent -- no matter how it affects the rest of the line -- would have to be considered a good thing.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.