Updated May 17, 2013 - 9:12 am
Report: Free agent tackle Max Starks considering Arizona Cardinals
Levi Brown and Bobby Massie will be the tackles, Daryn Colledge and Jonathan Cooper will line up at guard, and Lyle Sendlein will be the center.
Add in the depth provided by tackles Nate Potter and guards Chilo Rachal and Earl Watford, and it didn't seem like much more needed to be added to the group.
However, according to ESPN NFL writer Josina Anderson, free agent tackle Max Starks visited and took a physical with the Cardinals Tuesday, and Arizona Republic Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers says the player's agent says his client is considering "several" teams, including Arizona.
A veteran of nine NFL seasons -- all with the Pittsburgh Steelers -- the 6-foot-8, 345-pound Starks has long been regarded as a solid player.
How he would fit in Arizona is unclear, though he'd presumably start at left tackle, meaning the rest of the line would shift around some.
However, given that the Cardinals allowed the most sacks in the NFL last season and had the league's worst rushing attack, adding any talent -- no matter how it affects the rest of the line -- would have to be considered a good thing.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.