Updated May 16, 2013 - 11:23 am
Cardinals' Carson Palmer 'grizzled' according to one writer
It's arguably also the most important.
Will Brinson, a NFL writer for CBSSports.com, recently wrote an article in which he ranked all 32 projected starting quarterbacks in the league and split them into categories ranging from 'Elite' to 'Grizzled.'
Not surprisingly, Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, New England's Tom Brady, Denver's Peyton Manning and New Orleans' Drew Brees comprised the 'Elite' category. And maybe equally as unsurprising, the Buffalo Bills' quarterback combo of EJ Manuel and Kevin Kolb ranked 32nd on Brinson's list.
Arizona shuffled their deck of quarterbacks in the offseason, leading new head coach Bruce Arians to declare that the Cardinals' quarterback room "is as good as anybody's in the league."
Brinson disagrees. In fact, he's got new Arizona starter Carson Palmer ranked 26th on his list of NFL signal callers, leading off the 'Grizzled' category.
Feels like Palmer's been around forever and it feels like he's not considered the same talent he once was. Oh, right. He's not. That's why he was traded for peanuts from Arizona to Oakland. Palmer produced a big season with the Raiders last year, but I don't know that I trust his arm strength or decision making to produce the way he did when he would've once been considered on top of this list.
Palmer threw for 4,018 yards and 22 touchdowns for a woeful Oakland team that finished 4-12 in 2012. He's ranked ahead of only Cleveland's Brandon Weeden, Jacksonville's Blaine Gabbert, the Jets' two-headed monster of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith, Oakland's combo of Tyler Wilson and Matt Flynn and Buffalo's quarterbacks.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?