Updated May 14, 2013 - 2:12 pm
Daryl Washington speaks following Cardinals OTAs
After the workout, Washington spoke with reporters, but steered away from questions about his legal matters.
"I really can't talk about that right now, I'm pretty much limited on what I've got to say," Washington said. "I'm going to let my attorney do his job and go from there."
Washington, who led the Cardinals with 140 total tackles and nine sacks, was glad to be on the field Tuesday.
"Obviously there's an unfortunate situation, but all I can do right now is come out here and work as hard as I can and let everything else play out," he said.
Prior to the arrest, Washington was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the 2013 regular season for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy. Washington is hopeful that his latest run-in with the law won't lead to further discipline against him.
"I try not to think about that, I hope not," he said. "I just want to come out here and play football and bring positive attention to the organization."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.