Updated May 14, 2013 - 2:12 pm
Daryl Washington speaks following Cardinals OTAs
After the workout, Washington spoke with reporters, but steered away from questions about his legal matters.
"I really can't talk about that right now, I'm pretty much limited on what I've got to say," Washington said. "I'm going to let my attorney do his job and go from there."
Washington, who led the Cardinals with 140 total tackles and nine sacks, was glad to be on the field Tuesday.
"Obviously there's an unfortunate situation, but all I can do right now is come out here and work as hard as I can and let everything else play out," he said.
Prior to the arrest, Washington was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the 2013 regular season for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy. Washington is hopeful that his latest run-in with the law won't lead to further discipline against him.
"I try not to think about that, I hope not," he said. "I just want to come out here and play football and bring positive attention to the organization."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.