Updated May 13, 2013 - 4:23 pm
Cardinals sign second-round pick Kevin Minter
Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
A linebacker out of LSU, Minter earned All-SEC first-team honors after leading the Tigers with 130 tackles, which was the fourth-best single-season total in school history. He also tallied five passes defensed, one forced fumble and one interception.
Minter was a Butkus Award finalist as the nation's top linebacker following the 2012 season.
Minter is the fifth Cardinals draft pick to sign, leaving first-round pick Jonathan Cooper, third-round pick Tyrann Mathieu and fourth-round picks Alex Okafor and Earl Watford left.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.