Updated May 13, 2013 - 10:42 am
Arizona Cardinals waive QB Brian Hoyer
He didn't last to the first one of 2013.
According to NFL insider Adam Caplan, the team cut the quarterback Monday.
The Cardinals signed Hoyer on December 10, and he appeared in a game against the Chicago Bears less than two weeks later.
The former Michigan State QB was tabbed as the starter for the Week 17 matchup with San Francisco, where the 27-year-old completed 19-of-34 passes for 225 yards with one touchdown and one interception. It was the first start of Hoyer's NFL career.
The release of Hoyer leaves the Cardinals with three quarterbacks under contract -- Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.