Updated May 13, 2013 - 10:42 am
Arizona Cardinals waive QB Brian Hoyer
He didn't last to the first one of 2013.
According to NFL insider Adam Caplan, the team cut the quarterback Monday.
The Cardinals signed Hoyer on December 10, and he appeared in a game against the Chicago Bears less than two weeks later.
The former Michigan State QB was tabbed as the starter for the Week 17 matchup with San Francisco, where the 27-year-old completed 19-of-34 passes for 225 yards with one touchdown and one interception. It was the first start of Hoyer's NFL career.
The release of Hoyer leaves the Cardinals with three quarterbacks under contract -- Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.