Updated May 13, 2013 - 10:42 am
Arizona Cardinals waive QB Brian Hoyer
He didn't last to the first one of 2013.
According to NFL insider Adam Caplan, the team cut the quarterback Monday.
The Cardinals signed Hoyer on December 10, and he appeared in a game against the Chicago Bears less than two weeks later.
The former Michigan State QB was tabbed as the starter for the Week 17 matchup with San Francisco, where the 27-year-old completed 19-of-34 passes for 225 yards with one touchdown and one interception. It was the first start of Hoyer's NFL career.
The release of Hoyer leaves the Cardinals with three quarterbacks under contract -- Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.