Updated May 6, 2013 - 4:45 pm
Calais Campbell: Defense won't change much, offense will be better
That the team lost 11 games was, by and large, the fault of an incredibly faulty offense.
Still, defensive coordinator Ray Horton was a casualty of the coaching change from Ken Whisenhunt to Bruce Arians, which has some concerned that the defense will not be as good in 2013.
However, defensive end Calais Campbell, who tallied 6.5 sacks in 13 games last season, says there really isn't much difference between Horton and new defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.
"The only real difference is what he's allowing us to do on the defensive line," Campbell told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "But as far as the scheme goes, it's very, very similar. It's the same defense, pretty much."
Where things will be different, at least one hopes, is on the offensive side of the ball. The Cardinals were second-worst last season in points per game and dead last in total yards.
Enter new quarterback Carson Palmer, among other players, and there's a sense of optimism that things will turn around.
"Our offense wills core lots of points," Campbell said. "I love Carson Palmer being on the team.
"That gives us a lot more confidence to try and give him the ball because you know he can do a lot of great things with it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b