Updated May 1, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Cardinals' guard Earl Watford bringing confidence to NFL
Eight of those players come from big-time FBS college programs like LSU, Texas, Texas A&M and Clemson.
Then there's fourth-round pick Earl Watford, a guard out of James Madison -- a program that now has had only three players drafted since 2000.
Watford joined Doug and Wolf Wednesday on Arizona Sports 620 and was asked if he's got a chip on his shoulder since he went to a smaller school and lasted until the fourth round.
"Oh, of course I have a chip on my shoulder," Watford answered. "But at the same time, I played in the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association), great competition, great players and there are a lot of players from there in the NFL right now."
Watford understands that many will doubt his ability since his college career wasn't spent going against powerhouse competition week in, week out.
"I'm here to prove to players and my teammates that I can play," he said. "Just because I didn't play in the SEC doesn't mean I can't hold up."
Watford is confident in his abilities as a run blocker and a pass protector. In fact, he only gave up one sack in his college career at JMU.
"That's what they say, I don't think I gave up that one," he joked.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves