Updated May 1, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Cardinals' guard Earl Watford bringing confidence to NFL
Eight of those players come from big-time FBS college programs like LSU, Texas, Texas A&M and Clemson.
Then there's fourth-round pick Earl Watford, a guard out of James Madison -- a program that now has had only three players drafted since 2000.
Watford joined Doug and Wolf Wednesday on Arizona Sports 620 and was asked if he's got a chip on his shoulder since he went to a smaller school and lasted until the fourth round.
"Oh, of course I have a chip on my shoulder," Watford answered. "But at the same time, I played in the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association), great competition, great players and there are a lot of players from there in the NFL right now."
Watford understands that many will doubt his ability since his college career wasn't spent going against powerhouse competition week in, week out.
"I'm here to prove to players and my teammates that I can play," he said. "Just because I didn't play in the SEC doesn't mean I can't hold up."
Watford is confident in his abilities as a run blocker and a pass protector. In fact, he only gave up one sack in his college career at JMU.
"That's what they say, I don't think I gave up that one," he joked.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals look to continue success against AFC South teams
- Arizona Cardinals sign Orhian Johnson to practice squad
- Arizona Cardinals' John Abraham named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
- Warner: Palmer's 'confidence in his playmakers' leading to turnaround
- Cardinals place Mathieu on season-ending IR
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up