Updated May 1, 2013 - 11:16 am
Cardinals trade Anthony Sherman to Chiefs for Javier Arenas
Sherman, who was drafted by the team in 2011, was not a good fit for the offense new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians wants to run. In two years with the team, he gained three yards on one carry and tallied 111 yards on 13 receptions. The former fifth-round pick was used mainly as a blocker out of the backfield and on special teams.
In Arenas, the Cardinals are getting a 5-foot-9, 197-pound defensive back who was a second-round pick of the Chiefs' out of Alabama in 2010.
He's spent his entire three-year career in Kansas City, where he's picked off two passes, earned four sacks and been in on 136 tackles.
Arenas, who is the cousin of former University of Arizona and NBA star Gilbert Arenas, has also spent time as a punt and kick returner.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.