Updated May 1, 2013 - 10:43 am
Report: Cardinals on the verge of trading FB Anthony Sherman
The fullback, who was selected by the team in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft is reportedly on his way out of the desert.
According to NFL insider Adam Caplan:
The Cardinals are expected to trade FB Anthony Sherman to the Chiefs, according to an NFL source.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) May 1, 2013
In two years with the Cardinals, Sherman gained three yards on one carry and tallied 111 yards on 13 receptions. He was used mainly as a blocker out of the backfield, which is why the team is looking to move him.
Sherman was also a contributor on special teams, picking up 16 tackles.
But, as new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has said, "I'm not a fullback guy. I never have been."
Caplan is also reporting the Cardinals are seeking a defensive back in return, and are possibly targeting cornerback Javier Arenas.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.