Updated Apr 30, 2013 - 8:37 pm
Nobody is talking about Earl Watford
But nobody's talking about Earl Watford, the second guard drafted by Arizona in the fourth round out of James Madison. Nobody but the Cardinals, that is.
The Cards believe Earl Watford will be a future starter and the future might be sooner than one might think, including Watford. Big Earl is a natural athlete with excellent feet. He's as strong as anybody on the field, has twitchy-quick explosion off the ball, and is as tough as they come. The guy has a mean streak and that is uncommon for many offensive lineman.
I think Watford might be the hidden gem of this draft. He probably needs a year to make the transition from a relatively small school to the best our species can offer but don't be surprised if you see Big Earl sooner than later.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?