Updated Apr 28, 2013 - 8:18 am
Cardinals snag RB Andre Ellington with second sixth-round selection
Keim followed up his fifth-round selection of Stanford's Stepfan Taylor by taking Clemson running back Andre Ellington with the No. 187 pick in the sixth round.
"Wherever they need me to play, I'll play," Ellington said in a conference call Saturday. "I have big-play ability, that's something I thrived off of my whole season and career in college. I feel like I'm a guy who can come in and give the offense a spark."
In 2012, the 5-foot-9 Ellington ran for 1,081 yards (second in the ACC) and 8 touchdowns. He made the first-team All-ACC in 2012 and was named to the conference's second team in 2010 and 2011.
The former Tigers halfback ran for 3,436 yards and 33 touchdowns (third-most in program history) during his four years at Clemson. He was a three-year starter from 2010-12.
"For me, being an undersized back it's just a mentality thing I've always worked on and thrived off of," said Ellington. "I'm not afraid to go in there and put my helmet on bigger guys coming at me."
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?