Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 1:58 pm
Cardinals take RB Stepfan Taylor with fifth-round selection in 2013 NFL Draft
Taylor, the team's first offensive skill player taken in the draft, rushed for 1,530 yards and 13 touchdowns during the 2012 season. During his career in Palo Alto, he also set the school's rushing record with 4,300 yards.
"It's the perfect situation for me," Taylor said in a conference call Saturday. "I'm ready to go in and work."
A three-year starter at Stanford, Taylor amassed 97 receptions and 45 touchdowns in his collegiate career.
The Cardinal tailback appeared in three BCS games and was named the Offensive MVP at the 2013 Rose Bowl.
"I feel like I'm a complete back," said Taylor. "I run the ball, pass protect and catch the ball, have vision, patience and just know the game."
When asked what his weaknesses were, Taylor said "everything" and vowed to get better in every aspect of his game.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.