Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 1:58 pm
Cardinals take RB Stepfan Taylor with fifth-round selection in 2013 NFL Draft
Taylor, the team's first offensive skill player taken in the draft, rushed for 1,530 yards and 13 touchdowns during the 2012 season. During his career in Palo Alto, he also set the school's rushing record with 4,300 yards.
"It's the perfect situation for me," Taylor said in a conference call Saturday. "I'm ready to go in and work."
A three-year starter at Stanford, Taylor amassed 97 receptions and 45 touchdowns in his collegiate career.
The Cardinal tailback appeared in three BCS games and was named the Offensive MVP at the 2013 Rose Bowl.
"I feel like I'm a complete back," said Taylor. "I run the ball, pass protect and catch the ball, have vision, patience and just know the game."
When asked what his weaknesses were, Taylor said "everything" and vowed to get better in every aspect of his game.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!