Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 1:58 pm
Cardinals take RB Stepfan Taylor with fifth-round selection in 2013 NFL Draft
Taylor, the team's first offensive skill player taken in the draft, rushed for 1,530 yards and 13 touchdowns during the 2012 season. During his career in Palo Alto, he also set the school's rushing record with 4,300 yards.
"It's the perfect situation for me," Taylor said in a conference call Saturday. "I'm ready to go in and work."
A three-year starter at Stanford, Taylor amassed 97 receptions and 45 touchdowns in his collegiate career.
The Cardinal tailback appeared in three BCS games and was named the Offensive MVP at the 2013 Rose Bowl.
"I feel like I'm a complete back," said Taylor. "I run the ball, pass protect and catch the ball, have vision, patience and just know the game."
When asked what his weaknesses were, Taylor said "everything" and vowed to get better in every aspect of his game.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.