Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 1:58 pm
Cardinals take RB Stepfan Taylor with fifth-round selection in 2013 NFL Draft
Taylor, the team's first offensive skill player taken in the draft, rushed for 1,530 yards and 13 touchdowns during the 2012 season. During his career in Palo Alto, he also set the school's rushing record with 4,300 yards.
"It's the perfect situation for me," Taylor said in a conference call Saturday. "I'm ready to go in and work."
A three-year starter at Stanford, Taylor amassed 97 receptions and 45 touchdowns in his collegiate career.
The Cardinal tailback appeared in three BCS games and was named the Offensive MVP at the 2013 Rose Bowl.
"I feel like I'm a complete back," said Taylor. "I run the ball, pass protect and catch the ball, have vision, patience and just know the game."
When asked what his weaknesses were, Taylor said "everything" and vowed to get better in every aspect of his game.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.