Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 1:58 pm
Cardinals take RB Stepfan Taylor with fifth-round selection in 2013 NFL Draft
Taylor, the team's first offensive skill player taken in the draft, rushed for 1,530 yards and 13 touchdowns during the 2012 season. During his career in Palo Alto, he also set the school's rushing record with 4,300 yards.
"It's the perfect situation for me," Taylor said in a conference call Saturday. "I'm ready to go in and work."
A three-year starter at Stanford, Taylor amassed 97 receptions and 45 touchdowns in his collegiate career.
The Cardinal tailback appeared in three BCS games and was named the Offensive MVP at the 2013 Rose Bowl.
"I feel like I'm a complete back," said Taylor. "I run the ball, pass protect and catch the ball, have vision, patience and just know the game."
When asked what his weaknesses were, Taylor said "everything" and vowed to get better in every aspect of his game.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.