Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 8:48 am
Report: Cardinals open to trading QB Brian Hoyer
According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim might also be using the final day of the draft to unload some unnecessary depth. Specifically at the quarterback position, where the Cardinals already have Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton penciled in at No. 1 and No. 2 on the depth chart.
The Cardinals claimed Hoyer in December 2012 after he was put on waivers by the Pittsburgh. The four-year veteran appeared in two games with Arizona, including a Week 17 start against the San Francisco 49ers. On the season, Hoyer was 30-of-57 for 330 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.
Back in March, Hoyer signed his second-round restricted-free-agent tender to remain with the Cardinals on a one-year deal.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.