Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 8:48 am
Report: Cardinals open to trading QB Brian Hoyer
According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim might also be using the final day of the draft to unload some unnecessary depth. Specifically at the quarterback position, where the Cardinals already have Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton penciled in at No. 1 and No. 2 on the depth chart.
The Cardinals claimed Hoyer in December 2012 after he was put on waivers by the Pittsburgh. The four-year veteran appeared in two games with Arizona, including a Week 17 start against the San Francisco 49ers. On the season, Hoyer was 30-of-57 for 330 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.
Back in March, Hoyer signed his second-round restricted-free-agent tender to remain with the Cardinals on a one-year deal.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!