Updated Apr 27, 2013 - 8:48 am
Report: Cardinals open to trading QB Brian Hoyer
According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim might also be using the final day of the draft to unload some unnecessary depth. Specifically at the quarterback position, where the Cardinals already have Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton penciled in at No. 1 and No. 2 on the depth chart.
The Cardinals claimed Hoyer in December 2012 after he was put on waivers by the Pittsburgh. The four-year veteran appeared in two games with Arizona, including a Week 17 start against the San Francisco 49ers. On the season, Hoyer was 30-of-57 for 330 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.
Back in March, Hoyer signed his second-round restricted-free-agent tender to remain with the Cardinals on a one-year deal.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.