Updated Apr 26, 2013 - 9:29 pm
Jonathan Cooper throws out first pitch before D-backs' game
The Arizona Cardinals' first round pick out of North Carolina has been a busy man since he heard his name called by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall.
Cooper, who became the first guard to go in the top 10 of the draft since 1997, was introduced to the media Friday. Following his press conference and other interview commitments, the newest Cardinals offensive lineman had another introduction to make.
As is often customary, the Arizona Diamondbacks and Derrick Hall graciously invited Cooper to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the team's game against the Colorado Rockies.
While the 6-foot-2 guard likely has no plans to quit his day job, from multiple Twitter reports, he might have a future in the D-backs' bullpen. Cooper reportedly threw a strike on the outside corner to Patrick Corbin.
Not a bad first day for the No. 7 overall pick.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.