Updated Apr 26, 2013 - 9:29 pm
Jonathan Cooper throws out first pitch before D-backs' game
The Arizona Cardinals' first round pick out of North Carolina has been a busy man since he heard his name called by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall.
Cooper, who became the first guard to go in the top 10 of the draft since 1997, was introduced to the media Friday. Following his press conference and other interview commitments, the newest Cardinals offensive lineman had another introduction to make.
As is often customary, the Arizona Diamondbacks and Derrick Hall graciously invited Cooper to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the team's game against the Colorado Rockies.
While the 6-foot-2 guard likely has no plans to quit his day job, from multiple Twitter reports, he might have a future in the D-backs' bullpen. Cooper reportedly threw a strike on the outside corner to Patrick Corbin.
Not a bad first day for the No. 7 overall pick.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.