Updated Apr 26, 2013 - 11:37 am
Why not take a Chance?
Chance Warmack was the best guard coming out for the 2013 draft. The Cardinals drafted a guard and it wasn't the best guard on the board.
The choice of Jonathan Cooper was not a bad one, but it shows a short-term focus and not a long-term focus. I prefer long-term focus. Jonathan Cooper is a better choice for a Bruce Arians-run offense. Jonathan Cooper is a better choice for a team with Carson Palmer as the QB. You don't hire a coach and sign a quarterback in the off-season only to disregard what suits them best.
The pick makes sense but I can't get behind it. I've seen too many coaches come and go. I've seen too many regimes come and go. No one knows just how long Palmer will be the Cards' QB.
As an all-around player, Chance Warmack is better than Jonathan Cooper. I believe you always take best player available, unless you have a franchise quarterback and a quarterback on the board is the best player.
Cooper is not a bad pick. This isn't like when I screamed against Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris and Levi Brown.
Jonathan Cooper will be a successful Cardinal. Chance Warmack will be a dominating Titan.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.