Updated Apr 26, 2013 - 11:37 am
Why not take a Chance?
Chance Warmack was the best guard coming out for the 2013 draft. The Cardinals drafted a guard and it wasn't the best guard on the board.
The choice of Jonathan Cooper was not a bad one, but it shows a short-term focus and not a long-term focus. I prefer long-term focus. Jonathan Cooper is a better choice for a Bruce Arians-run offense. Jonathan Cooper is a better choice for a team with Carson Palmer as the QB. You don't hire a coach and sign a quarterback in the off-season only to disregard what suits them best.
The pick makes sense but I can't get behind it. I've seen too many coaches come and go. I've seen too many regimes come and go. No one knows just how long Palmer will be the Cards' QB.
As an all-around player, Chance Warmack is better than Jonathan Cooper. I believe you always take best player available, unless you have a franchise quarterback and a quarterback on the board is the best player.
Cooper is not a bad pick. This isn't like when I screamed against Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris and Levi Brown.
Jonathan Cooper will be a successful Cardinal. Chance Warmack will be a dominating Titan.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.