Updated Apr 25, 2013 - 12:36 pm
Paulie Pigskin's fearless forecast for 7th pick
Okay, here we go with our 7-Day Forecast…err, #7-Pick overall.
See, during the radio show, when I asked GM Steve Keim if this year's draft class is indeed as deep in offensive linemen as advertised? Keim replied that the Cards scouting staff had just finished discussing that exact position group earlier that same day.
"It is a good group," Keim nodded. "From top to bottom. There are guys who are going to go in the first round that I think are going to have tremendous success. I think there are going to be guys you can find in rounds three through six who are going to be good quality NFL starters."
Ding! Here in the war room weather center, it's that comment about offensive line depth that just resulted in red and yellow imagery all over our storm tracker map.
Hence, here's our Paulie Projection guaranteed forecast, replete with multiple IFs:
If the big three OTs are indeed all off the board by the seventh pick, and if Keim is indeed genuine in his expressed on-air belief that the 2013 draft is mega-deep in offensive linemen (a position Keim knows well as a former All-ACC guard) and if a big-time pass rusher is still on the board?
If that all comes together, then our Thursday night forecast affixes a smiling yellow sun graphic right next to -- Dion Jordan, the outside linebacker from Oregon.
But, ya know what? Bring an umbrella, just in case.
Paul Calvisi, Morning Sports Anchor - 92.3 KTAR/Arizona Sports 620
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.