Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Report: Cardinals targeting tackle Lane Johnson
Well, we'll see.
According to NFL Network's Michelle Beisner, the team is very much hoping to land a tackle at No. 7.
Stationed at team headquarters, NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported on "Around the League" the Cardinals are hoping to snag Johnson with the No. 7 overall pick.
The question is whether Johnson will be on the board past the first five picks. The Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions both need tackles, and NFL.com's Albert Breer points out Johnson would be an ideal fit for Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense.
Johnson is regarded by many as one of the best prospects in the draft, because while he is not as polished as Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel, he has more upside.
However, as is already noted, other teams may feel the same way about the player, and six are scheduled to make a pick before the Cardinals are on the clock.
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!