Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 1:29 pm
Arizona Cardinals sign quartet of players
The team added receivers Jarrett Dillard and Robert Gill as well as offensive lineman Paul Fanaika and tight end Alex Gottlieb.
Fanaika is the most well-known in the Valley, as he played college ball at Arizona State. A 6-foot-5, 327-pound player, he was a seventh-round pick of the Eagles in 2009. He spent the majority of his rookie season on the practice squad before moving on to the Seattle Seahawks. He played in three games but was released by the team on Aug. 31, 2012.
Dillard played 21 games -- with five starts -- for the Jacksonville Jaguars, and tallied 35 receptions for 398 yards and one touchdown.
Gill spent two seasons in the Arena Football League, and was most recently win the AFL's San Antonio Talons.
Gottlieb signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2012, but was released in the team's final roster cuts on Aug. 31.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!