Updated Apr 23, 2013 - 6:22 pm
Carson Palmer excited about Bruce Arians' offense
They're still 138 days from lining up for real against the St. Louis Rams in their 2013 season opener, but the team's workout was significant -- mostly because their new starting quarterback Carson Palmer was working with his new teammates at full speed for the first time.
Palmer, who was acquired from the Oakland Raiders in a trade earlier this month, couldn't be more excited to work with new head coach Bruce Arians, who brought his offensive system with him after one season as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis.
"For being three weeks into a playbook and having a playbook to take home and film to watch of what Coach Arians did last year with his offense, it's a phenomenal system," Palmer said. "It's been very productive, it's won Super Bowls. He's coached against the best and for the best and I'm excited to keep installing and keep getting deeper and deeper into the book."
That offensive system produced 5,799 yards in Indianapolis -- the tenth-most in the league. And considering that the Colts' quarterback, leading rusher and third-leading receiver were all rookies, the numbers become more impressive.
"I think it's very, I guess user-friendly would be the right word," Palmer said of Arians' system. "There's a lot on film to watch, there's plenty of text in the playbooks and the diagrams and the pictures. It's easy to learn, but it's not easy.
"Some systems you get in, it's difficult to learn because there's not a lot of history of it. There's a ton of this history of this offense and a lot of history of this offense being successful and you can watch it be successful. So it is a user-friendly or easy offense to get used to and get to know."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.