Updated Apr 23, 2013 - 6:22 pm
Carson Palmer excited about Bruce Arians' offense
They're still 138 days from lining up for real against the St. Louis Rams in their 2013 season opener, but the team's workout was significant -- mostly because their new starting quarterback Carson Palmer was working with his new teammates at full speed for the first time.
Palmer, who was acquired from the Oakland Raiders in a trade earlier this month, couldn't be more excited to work with new head coach Bruce Arians, who brought his offensive system with him after one season as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis.
"For being three weeks into a playbook and having a playbook to take home and film to watch of what Coach Arians did last year with his offense, it's a phenomenal system," Palmer said. "It's been very productive, it's won Super Bowls. He's coached against the best and for the best and I'm excited to keep installing and keep getting deeper and deeper into the book."
That offensive system produced 5,799 yards in Indianapolis -- the tenth-most in the league. And considering that the Colts' quarterback, leading rusher and third-leading receiver were all rookies, the numbers become more impressive.
"I think it's very, I guess user-friendly would be the right word," Palmer said of Arians' system. "There's a lot on film to watch, there's plenty of text in the playbooks and the diagrams and the pictures. It's easy to learn, but it's not easy.
"Some systems you get in, it's difficult to learn because there's not a lot of history of it. There's a ton of this history of this offense and a lot of history of this offense being successful and you can watch it be successful. So it is a user-friendly or easy offense to get used to and get to know."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Wednesday December 11Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Wednesday December 11The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines