Updated Apr 19, 2013 - 6:31 pm
Cardinals GM Keim: Willing to trade up if right player is there
They've moved down a few times -- most recently in 2003 when they traded down from number six in exchange for picks 17 and 18 in the first round -- but more often than not, wherever the Cardinals are supposed to pick, they do.
Entering his first draft as the team's general manager, Steve Keim told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he has no problem with making a move if it means getting their guy.
"I think the bottom line is this," he said. "I'm not in the business of trying to give away picks, so I think we need to hold onto all of our picks, if possible.
"Now if there's a guy that's in our sights that we feel is a difference-maker, we're going to be aggressive and we're going to go get him."
That may be important because if the Cardinals want one of the draft's elite tackles, for instance, there's a chance one won't fall to Arizona at seven. So, if the team really wants one, they may have no choice but to trade up.
Keim added that the team will look at every opportunity they may get during the draft, and at this point there's no telling what will happen.
"Whether it's moving up, moving back, coming up back into round one from round two, anything can happen," he said. "A lot of that depends on certain players, how they slide, where they're projected to go on our board, and ultimately being aggressive."
Keim added that the team's mantra is to be proactive rather than reactive in the draft.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!