Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 5:31 pm
NFL schedule released, Cardinals open up in St. Louis
The Cardinals open the new campaign in St. Louis against the Rams September 8.
The Detroit Lions will visit University of Phoenix Stadium to provide the opposition in Arizona's home opener in Week 2 on Sunday September 15.
Then, it's back-to-back road games against NFC South teams -- Week 3 in New Orleans against the Saints, followed by a trip to Tampa Bay to face the Buccaneers.
In all, four of the Cardinals' first six games are on the road.
Following a road game against division foe and reigning NFC Champion San Francisco, the Cardinals do get three straight home games, with a bye mixed in.
In Week 7, the Cardinals host Seattle in a Thursday night game that will be televised nationally by NFL Network. It will be Cardinals' only prime time appearance in 2013. The following week the Atlanta Falcons come to town followed by a Week 9 bye and a visit from the Houston Texans the following Sunday.
The game against the Texans also starts a stretch of three straight versus AFC South teams. The Cardinals will take their second road trip to Florida when they visit the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 11, followed by a visit from head coach Bruce Arians' former team, the Indianapolis Colts, in Week 12.
Down the stretch, Arizona will play at Philadelphia, home against St. Louis, at Tennessee and at Seattle before returning home to face the 49ers in Week 17 in Glendale.
The Cardinals' schedule is tied for the seventh-toughest in the league, according to NFL.com.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.