Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Arizona Cardinal Ryan Williams remains as confident as ever
That's five games in two years.
Williams suffered a torn patella tendon in a preseason game in 2011, and then needed season-ending shoulder surgery after a Week 5 loss to the Rams in 2012.
Still, the young player's confidence is hardly shaken.
"I'm very confident, very confident," Williams told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "As far as coming back, as far as being that playmaker that they brought me here to be, with everything I'm very confident."
Williams, who ran for 164 yards on 58 carries last season, said he's at a point in his rehab where he's doing things he could not even do during the season.
The former Virginia Tech star said he feels good right now, to the point where he says if he felt the way he does now during the season, he would have played "a good 50 percent better than I did."
"Rehab is going well, the strengthening part is going well, everything is going well," he said. "My stars are aligned right now so things are really looking good, and I'm anxious and excited to get back out there."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!