Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Arizona Cardinal Ryan Williams remains as confident as ever
That's five games in two years.
Williams suffered a torn patella tendon in a preseason game in 2011, and then needed season-ending shoulder surgery after a Week 5 loss to the Rams in 2012.
Still, the young player's confidence is hardly shaken.
"I'm very confident, very confident," Williams told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "As far as coming back, as far as being that playmaker that they brought me here to be, with everything I'm very confident."
Williams, who ran for 164 yards on 58 carries last season, said he's at a point in his rehab where he's doing things he could not even do during the season.
The former Virginia Tech star said he feels good right now, to the point where he says if he felt the way he does now during the season, he would have played "a good 50 percent better than I did."
"Rehab is going well, the strengthening part is going well, everything is going well," he said. "My stars are aligned right now so things are really looking good, and I'm anxious and excited to get back out there."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.