Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Arizona Cardinal Ryan Williams remains as confident as ever
That's five games in two years.
Williams suffered a torn patella tendon in a preseason game in 2011, and then needed season-ending shoulder surgery after a Week 5 loss to the Rams in 2012.
Still, the young player's confidence is hardly shaken.
"I'm very confident, very confident," Williams told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "As far as coming back, as far as being that playmaker that they brought me here to be, with everything I'm very confident."
Williams, who ran for 164 yards on 58 carries last season, said he's at a point in his rehab where he's doing things he could not even do during the season.
The former Virginia Tech star said he feels good right now, to the point where he says if he felt the way he does now during the season, he would have played "a good 50 percent better than I did."
"Rehab is going well, the strengthening part is going well, everything is going well," he said. "My stars are aligned right now so things are really looking good, and I'm anxious and excited to get back out there."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.