Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Arizona Cardinal Ryan Williams remains as confident as ever
That's five games in two years.
Williams suffered a torn patella tendon in a preseason game in 2011, and then needed season-ending shoulder surgery after a Week 5 loss to the Rams in 2012.
Still, the young player's confidence is hardly shaken.
"I'm very confident, very confident," Williams told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "As far as coming back, as far as being that playmaker that they brought me here to be, with everything I'm very confident."
Williams, who ran for 164 yards on 58 carries last season, said he's at a point in his rehab where he's doing things he could not even do during the season.
The former Virginia Tech star said he feels good right now, to the point where he says if he felt the way he does now during the season, he would have played "a good 50 percent better than I did."
"Rehab is going well, the strengthening part is going well, everything is going well," he said. "My stars are aligned right now so things are really looking good, and I'm anxious and excited to get back out there."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.