Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 3:18 pm
SI's Peter King to host pre-Tillman Run Tweetup
Thus far, the grants have benefited 232 men and women in attending 71 academic institutions across the nation.
Sports Illustrated NFL writer Peter King will help the cause by hosting a Tweetup Friday, April 19th, from 5-7 p.m. at Tom's Tavern in downtown Phoenix. For those who have never participated, Tweetups are events arranged by a person or organization through announcements on their Twitter account for their followers to attend.
"We're going to try to fund one scholarship for one of the Pat Tillman Scholars," King told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Tickets cost $40 per person and space is limited to the first 250 people who purchase one.
With each paid admission, guests will receive happy hour food, access to carbo-loading pasta stations and two drink tickets redeemable for draft beer and wine.
Additionally, the Tweetup includes a Q&A session with Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill, head coach Bruce Arians as well as general manager Steve Keim.
"It'll be a week before the draft, ask Steve Keim, ‘you've got this top-ten pick, who are you taking,'" King said jokingly. "We'll see how he can tap dance around that."
One-hundred percent of the proceeds will go to The Pat Tillman Foundation.
"To me, I say anything you could do to help the Tillman Foundation, anything, is something that we should all be doing," King said. "Whatever you spend it'll help a veteran or veteran spouse go to college."
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.