Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 3:18 pm
SI's Peter King to host pre-Tillman Run Tweetup
Thus far, the grants have benefited 232 men and women in attending 71 academic institutions across the nation.
Sports Illustrated NFL writer Peter King will help the cause by hosting a Tweetup Friday, April 19th, from 5-7 p.m. at Tom's Tavern in downtown Phoenix. For those who have never participated, Tweetups are events arranged by a person or organization through announcements on their Twitter account for their followers to attend.
"We're going to try to fund one scholarship for one of the Pat Tillman Scholars," King told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Tickets cost $40 per person and space is limited to the first 250 people who purchase one.
With each paid admission, guests will receive happy hour food, access to carbo-loading pasta stations and two drink tickets redeemable for draft beer and wine.
Additionally, the Tweetup includes a Q&A session with Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill, head coach Bruce Arians as well as general manager Steve Keim.
"It'll be a week before the draft, ask Steve Keim, ‘you've got this top-ten pick, who are you taking,'" King said jokingly. "We'll see how he can tap dance around that."
One-hundred percent of the proceeds will go to The Pat Tillman Foundation.
"To me, I say anything you could do to help the Tillman Foundation, anything, is something that we should all be doing," King said. "Whatever you spend it'll help a veteran or veteran spouse go to college."
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.