Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 3:18 pm
SI's Peter King to host pre-Tillman Run Tweetup
Thus far, the grants have benefited 232 men and women in attending 71 academic institutions across the nation.
Sports Illustrated NFL writer Peter King will help the cause by hosting a Tweetup Friday, April 19th, from 5-7 p.m. at Tom's Tavern in downtown Phoenix. For those who have never participated, Tweetups are events arranged by a person or organization through announcements on their Twitter account for their followers to attend.
"We're going to try to fund one scholarship for one of the Pat Tillman Scholars," King told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Tickets cost $40 per person and space is limited to the first 250 people who purchase one.
With each paid admission, guests will receive happy hour food, access to carbo-loading pasta stations and two drink tickets redeemable for draft beer and wine.
Additionally, the Tweetup includes a Q&A session with Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill, head coach Bruce Arians as well as general manager Steve Keim.
"It'll be a week before the draft, ask Steve Keim, ‘you've got this top-ten pick, who are you taking,'" King said jokingly. "We'll see how he can tap dance around that."
One-hundred percent of the proceeds will go to The Pat Tillman Foundation.
"To me, I say anything you could do to help the Tillman Foundation, anything, is something that we should all be doing," King said. "Whatever you spend it'll help a veteran or veteran spouse go to college."
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!